1 ½ Qt./1.4 L Sauce Pan with Cover
medium mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
If you love pumpkin pie but don't have time to make it, you'll enjoy this easy to make pumpkin pudding. Pumpkin pudding has all of the delicious creaminess of pie filling and pumpkin flavors - add in a layer of crushed chocolate cookies for a nice crunch.
almond milk, unsweetened, or your choice of non-dairy beverage
brown sugar or coconut sugar
pumpkin pie spice
crushed chocolate cookies
- Place almond milk, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and salt in sauce pan. Whisk to combine all ingredients and turn heat to medium-low. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and cornstarch. Whisk thoroughly to combine and remove all lumps of cornstarch.
- Slowly add half a pumpkin mixture in sauce pan to egg mixture in the bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Slowly pour the pumpkin and egg mixture in the bowl back into sauce pan. Turn heat to low and whisk mixture constantly until mixture thickens, approximately 3 - 5 minutes.
- When pudding has thickened, remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Dive pumpkin pudding and crushed chocolate cookies evenly between 6 parfait glasses or small juice-size glasses. Layer crushed chocolate cookies on bottom of each glass and add a few spoons of pumpkin pudding over top. Add more crushed cookies and top with additional pumpkin pudding. Garnish each glass with additional crushed cookies and one whole cookie. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Substitute chocolate cookies with gingersnap or lemon ginger cookies.
- Set up pumpkin pudding in small glass jars, cover with lid and you have a great to go dessert.