8 full servings
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
small mixing bowl
medium mixing bowl
Certified Chef and Culinary Nutritionist, Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic, plant-based diet that is both simple and delicious.
Quinoa is a tiny seed that is light and easy to prepare. It is high in protein and tastes great in many recipes! This salad makes a great lunch, snack or dinner. Easy to pack up in a container or send it with the kids to school for lunch!
red onion, julienned, use Cone #2
carrots, julienned, use Cone #2 (or substitute with cherry tomatoes)
cucumber, seeded and chopped into small pieces
spinach, finely chopped into shreds
chopped fresh parsley
chopped fresh mint
apple cider vinegar
tahini or dijon mustard
pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa and strain through a fine mesh strainer. Add rinsed quinoa to sauce pan and heat over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until water has evaporated. Add 2 cups of water with a pinch of sea salt and cover.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and simmer quinoa for 15 minutes until all the water has been absorbed.
- Turn off heat and let sit for a minute or two. Then remove quinoa and spread out on a plate to cool.
- Transfer quinoa to a medium size mixing bowl and combine with chickpeas, onions, carrots (or tomatoes), cucumbers, spinach, parsley, and mint.
- Mix dressing in a small bowl and toss into the quinoa mixture. Gently stir from the bottom up. Serve.