Saladmaster Food Processor
7 Qt./6.6 L Roaster with Cover
Authorized Saladmaster® Dealer
onion, strung, use Cone #2
red bell pepper, diced into 1⁄2-inch cubes
fresh jalapeno or serrano chili, finely chopped, including seeds
fresh ginger, shredded, use Cone #1
garlic cloves, shredded, use Cone #1
red split lentils
water with 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
coconut milk (1 3⁄4 cups)
lime juice, freshly squeezed
fresh parsley or cilantro and lime wedges, garnish
- Preheat roaster over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate, place well rinsed (do not dry ) onions, bell peppers and jalapeno into pan and turn to low heat. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened and start to take on color.
- Add ginger, garlic, curry, cinnamon, salt and tomato paste. Stir and continue to cook for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is toasty and fragrant.
- Add lentils, water with bouillon cubes, coconut milk and chickpeas. Place heat on medium and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, lower heat to low and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, toward the end of the 20 - 25 minutes, add the lime juice. Taste and adjust with more salt or more lime juice if desired.
- Serve the soup topped with a sprinkling of fresh cilantro and some extra limes on the side.
- Soup may also be made in the 5 Qt. Roaster.