Saladmaster Food Processor
1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan with Cover
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
Raj and Kewal Singh
medium onion, strung, use Cone #4
fresh ginger, to taste, shredded, use Cone #1
clove garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
garam masala, to taste
turmeric powder, to taste
- In 3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan, add lentils and water; cover and cook over medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce heat to low and continue to cook for approximately 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat 1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add onions and sauté until browned.
- Add garlic, ginger and green chilies. Sauté until mixture is golden brown.
- Add salt, garam masala and turmeric. Add mixture to lentils and stir to combine.
- When serving, garnish with coriander, if desired.