Turkey is a staple in many households during the holidays. With Saladmaster, you no longer need the oven on for hours at a time to cook one turkey! It can all be done in the 16 Qt. Roaster right on your stovetop! Plus, you'll love how tender and juicy your turkey is, when cooked more quickly using medium to low temperatures!
- Preheat Roaster over medium heat for 7-9 minutes until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Place a third of the onion and celery in your roaster and place your turkey on top of them. Add onion, celery and rosemary inside the cavity of the turkey.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onions and celery all around the turkey. Season with salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook according to the chart listed in the tips section of the recipe.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Uncover and remove vegetables from roaster and set aside. Take roaster, put it in the oven and remove handles before closing. Broil turkey for 5 mins or until it's browned (time may vary depending on oven)
- Add handles, remove from oven and serve alongside your vegetables.
- Cooking Time: Minutes per pound - whole, halves, quarters...25; stuffed breast...30; boneless "steaks" or "fillets"...30.
- We do not recommend using stuffing for a stove top cooked whole turkey due to the abundance of moisture.