Mega Skillet Limited Edition
Saladmaster Food Processor
small mixing bowl
Professional Natural Foods Chef & Board Certified Health Coach
A lovely light fish recipe entrée that is delicious served with steamed brown rice or soba noodles.
Visit the Mega Skillet Limited Edition product section of this site for more recipes.
leeks or onions, fine dice
medium carrots, scrubbed and waffled, use Cone #5
stalks celery, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced on diagonal
bunches collard greens, washed, ribs removed and chopped, medium dice
cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
fish or vegetable stock
fresh ground pepper
salmon filets, trimmed, skin removed and cut into 8 pieces
medium shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- Preheat Mega Skillet on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 - 7 minutes, add leeks, carrots and celery. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine wine and saffron in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add chopped collard greens and garlic to vegetables in the skillet and toss well to incorporate. Pour wine and saffron mixture over vegetables. Add stock, salt and fresh ground pepper; cover and cook. When Vapo-Valve™ starts clicking, reduce heat to low and cook vegetables for 3 minutes.
- Remove cover and place salmon and shrimp in a pretty pattern on top of the vegetables. Turn heat back to medium, cover and cook. When Vapo-Valve™ starts clicking, reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 7 - 10 minutes until the shrimp is translucent and salmon is cooked.
- Garnish with wedges of lemon.
- Substitute collard greens with another dark leafy green such as kale or swiss chard.
- Substitute salmon and shrimp for other firm fleshed, mild fish such as sea bass, halibut or cod.
- Add in additional nutritional benefits by including 1/4 cup dry wakame, soaked in cool water for 5 minutes and drained. Add wakame to skillet when adding collard greens. Wakame is a versatile sea vegetable high in calcium, rich in iodine, protein, iron and niacin.