Not commonly found in any restaurant, these Savory Chinese Crepes are a local treat that is commonly sold in Northern China by traveling food vendors. Before this was a challenge to cook, but now you can enjoy these crepes anytime thanks to the Saladmaster 316Ti Stainless Steel Flatbread Pan!
Watch Ivy make this delicious crepe!
- Preheat pan over medium heat.
- Blend together flour, water and milk in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add sesame oil, if desired.
- When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, use a folded paper towel to wipe a minimal amount of oil on the pan.
- Pour 1⁄3 cup of crepe batter into center of the pan and use a spoon to spread the batter evenly. Flip crepe once edges lift easily with a thin stainless steel turner.
- Once flipped, add a dab of black bean sauce and a dab of chili sauce, spreading evenly across crepe with a spoon.
- Take one beaten egg and pour over crepe, evenly distributing with a spoon. Sprinkle scallions and cilantro over top.
- After egg sets, flip crepe to brown other side. Once browned, flip again and top with 2 quarters of toast.
- Fold in both edges of the crepe, and then fold crepe completely in half. Serve immediately.
- Repeat 3 more times, or until batter is finished.
- Use more or less sauce, depending on spicy or savory preference.
- Toasted bread can be substituted with crackers or Melba Toast.