Seafood and mixed fish boils are popular in many cuisines. This simple seafood and sausage boil is a fun and easy to prepare meal great for a large gathering. Mix up the seafood and shellfish, according to what is available in your area. If you don’t have access to freshly shucked corn, add in frozen corn on the cob or omit.
- Place water, onions, garlic, white wine, lemon juice and juiced lemon half’s, Old Bay seasoning, thyme, salt and crushed red pepper in Roaster.
- Place lid on roaster and set heat to medium. When Vapo Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes. Taste broth, it should be pleasantly salty and slightly acidic.
- Add potato pieces and sausage, cover and cook for 20- 30 minutes or until potatoes are softened and almost cooked
- Add corn, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove corn from roaster and set aside in a clean bowl, cover.
- Add cleaned, mussels, clams and shrimp, carefully stir fish into broth, cover and turn heat to medium, cook for 12- 15 minutes or until shrimp is just cooked through and clams and mussels have opened.
- Add corn back into roaster, toss all to combine. Serve seafood stew right out of the Roaster, top with chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Or remove fish, potatoes, corn and sausage and serve on a large serving tray.
- Sere as is with a little bit of cooking liquid poured over each serving and a piece of crusty bread.
- Substitute Andouille sausage for a sweet Italian sausage or chicken sausage if desired.
- Substitute or add in blue crabs, crab claws or lobster in place of shrimp.
- Omit crushed red pepper for a milder dish. Serve additional fresh chopped parsley or cilantro on the side to add to individual dishes.
- Serve hot sauce or sriracha sauce on the side to spice it up more.