Mega Skillet Limited Edition
7 Qt./6.6 L Roaster with Cover
10" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
Chef John Lara
Personal chef to former U.S. President
Looking for dinner recipe ideas? This gourmet Italian pasta recipe is ideal for dinner parties.
Pasta and Spinach Florentine
whole grain spaghetti
Pesto Artichoke Cream Sauce
red onion, finely chopped
white cooking wine
(about 26 - 30) large shrimp
basil pesto, prepared
Parmesan cheese, grated
artichoke hearts, quartered and halved
salt to taste
red pepper, finely diced
Italian parsley, chopped
- In 7 Qt. Roaster, add enough water to cook pasta and bring water to a boil. Add 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pasta, and stir until water returns to a boil. Cook pasta until slightly tender, or al dente, approximately 10 - 12 minutes. Strain pasta to remove all water. Return pasta to 7 Qt. Roaster and set aside.
- Preheat 10" Chef's Gourmet Skillet on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add ¼ cup water, spinach and a pinch of sea salt. Toss generously for 1 - 2 minutes, just enough to allow spinach to wilt. Toss spinach with pasta.
Pesto Artichoke Cream Sauce
- Preheat Mega Skillet on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add onions and garlic. Sauté for 1 - 2 minutes until slightly translucent.
- Add white cooking wine and shrimp, and sauté until shrimp is slightly pink. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add heavy cream and Dijon mustard. Whisk and bring cream to a slight simmer. Cook the sauce until the cream is reduced by half, approximately 5 - 8 minutes, with the lid slightly cracked.
- Once the sauce begins to thicken, add pesto, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Whisk to blend. Fold in shrimp and prepared artichokes and toss gently. Reduce heat to low and allow cream sauce to simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Serve Pesto Artichoke Cream Sauce over pasta and spinach.
- Garnish with red peppers, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with Grilled Ciabatta Bread as a compliment (see Tips for quick recipe).
- To prepare Grilled Ciabatta Bread, melt 4 ounces (113g) butter with 1 tablespoon (15mL) prepared basil pesto in the 1 Qt. Sauce Pan. Brush each side of 1 loaf Ciabatta bread with butter mixture and place on preheated Square Griddle for 1 - 2 minutes on each side, until slightly toasted.
- For a low-fat alternative to this recipe, exchange heavy cream for low-fat milk or an alternative milk such as unflavored almond milk, soy milk or rice milk.
- To make homemade basil pesto, process in a blender or food processor: 1 cup (28g) fresh basil, 1 cup (28g) Italian parsley, 4 peeled garlic cloves, 1/2 cup (68g) roasted pine nuts, 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) sea salt, 1/2 cup (120 mL) olive oil, 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese, and juice from 1/2 a lemon, adding the olive oil slowly. Process until texture is slightly smooth. Refrigerate.