4 Qt./3.8 L Roaster with Cover
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
Authorized Saladmaster Dealer
small kidney beans
cloves of garlic, sliced
sea salt, to taste
- In roaster, clean, wash and drain beans. Add 8 cups of water, cover and place over medium heat.
- When the Vapo-Valve™ clicks, add sea salt to taste, bay leaves and garlic. Cover. When the Vapo-Valve™ clicks again, turn heat to low and cook for 1 1⁄2 hours or until beans are tender.
Multi-Purpose 5 Qt./4.7 L Oil Core Method
- Clean, wash and drain beans. Add to MP5 along with water.
- Set the digital probe to 375°F/190°C and cover. When the Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, add sea salt to taste, bay leaves and garlic; then cover.
- When the Vapo-Valve™ clicks again, reduce the heat by pressing the down arrow to 185°F/85°C - 200°F/90°C and continue to cook at low heat for 1 hour or until beans are tender.
- Some brands of beans are softer than others, so you should check how long they take to cook according to the package instructions. Generally, the Saladmaster method takes half the time of their noted instructions.