Couscous is a granular shaped pasta product made with semolina wheat. Couscous is traditionally used in Middle Eastern and North African cuisines. Serve this quick-to-make dish as a vegan entrée on top of salad greens, with a green vegetable or as a side dish to accompany grilled meat or chicken.
Use the 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover with your 12 in. Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
- Place water in skillet. Add apricots and whisk in coriander, cumin and salt. Add cinnamon sticks. Turn heat to medium and bring seasoned liquid to a simmer.
- Carefully stir in couscous and chickpeas. Place 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover on skillet and turn off heat. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and gently fluff grains with a fork.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and let mixture cool for 15 minutes.
- Add almonds, scallions, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil to mixture. Toss to combine.
- Taste and season with additional salt and fresh ground pepper as needed.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Substitute slivered almonds for pistachio nuts or pine nuts.
- Substitute parsley for chopped fresh cilantro.