6 servings, when used as the main dinner dish
5 Qt./4.7 L Gourmet Wok with Cover
large mixing bowl
Quick, easy, elegant and simply scrumptions! When served as an appetizer this is a mouth-watering departure from the normal shrimp cocktail. As a main dish this will bring a real chef's flair to any meal.
red wine vinegar
fresh basil, chopped
shrimp, raw with tail, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl stir together garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, chili sauce, red wine vinegar, basil, salt and cayenne pepper. Blend well.
- Add shrimp to bowl and stir gently until coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat wok over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate, place shrimp and marinade into wok. Allow shrimp to cook, gently turning, approximately 4 minutes. Shrimp will turn from gray to pink. Do not overcook. Can be served hot or cold.
- When stir-frying shrimp do so gently so as not to disturb the intactness of the shrimp.
- You can use fresh or frozen shrimp and they can be purchased already peeled and deveined.