Saladmaster Food Processor
11" Large Skillet with Cover
green, red, yellow or orange bell peppers
onion, strung, use Cone #2
clove garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
lean ground beef
soy sauce, low-sodium
marjoram, finely crumbled
tomato sauce, divided
- Cut off tops of peppers. Remove seeds and membranes.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Thoroughly rinse peppers, do not dry. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, place peppers upside down in skillet and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook 3 - 4 minutes. Remove peppers from skillet (saving any remaining liquids), drain on paper towel and set aside.
- In same skillet, add onion, garlic and beef. Mix well. Cover and cook on medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add rice, soy sauce, marjoram and 1⁄4 cup (61g) tomato sauce. Mix well, cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Carefully spoon hot stuffing into peppers.
- Pour half of remaining tomato sauce, 6 tablespoons (92g), into bottom of skillet. Place stuffed peppers upright in skillet. Spoon remaining 6 tablespoons (92g) tomato sauce on top of stuffed peppers.
- Cover and cook over medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. Serve peppers hot.
- For additional flavor, add shredded carrots, sliced celery or chopped fresh parsley to stuffing mixture.
- Bottoms of peppers can be cut in order for peppers to stand up flat.