Saladmaster Food Processor
A light and refreshing slaw that's perfect as a side salad during the warm summer months.
brussels sprouts, shredded, use Cone #2
apple, shredded, use Cone #2
1⁄2 - 1
shallot, minced, use Cone #1 (according to taste)
apple cider vinegar
avocado, cubed (optional for garnish)
- Using the Food Processor, shred Brussels sprouts directly into bowl.
- Shred apple directly into bowl.
- Mince garlic directly into bowl.
- Shred cheese directly into bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together lemon, honey and lemon.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Serve salad and top with avocado.
- Select a sweeter apple to balance out the tartness of the sprouts.
- Try substituting apple juice for the apple cider vinegar. Adjustments to other dressing ingredients may need to be made, according to taste.