Saladmaster Food Processor
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
Authorized Saladmaster® Dealer
This is a wonderfully versatile dish that affords for numerous substitutions and a very loose hand with the measurements. Regardless of how you put this meal together it will always come out perfect!
stalks celery, sliced, use Cone #2
carrots, sliced, use Cone #2
medium zucchini, sliced, use Cone #2
onion, sliced, use Cone #4
tri-color fusilli dried pasta
Thai green sauce
fresh ginger, minced
fresh mushrooms, sliced, use Cone #4
low-fat cottage cheese
dry lasagna sheets
baby corn, garnish, optional
frozen sweet corn, garnish, optional
fresh basil, garnish, optional
- Using the Saladmaster® Machine, slice celery, carrots, zucchini and onion directly into the electric skillet. Stir together to blend.
- Place fusilli on top of vegetables.
- Cover the top of the vegetables and fusilli with 1⁄3 of the Thai sauce; then sprinkle with ginger.
- Place spinach evenly across entire top of dish.
- Using the cover inverted as a bowl, slice mushrooms into cover, then spread evenly across the top of the dish.
- Place cottage cheese evenly across entire top of dish.
- Take 1⁄2 of the lasagna sheets and cover the top of the dish, breaking sheets so they will fit. Take a spoon and tap the middle of the sheets to crack lasagna.
- Cover the top of the lasagna with 1⁄3 of the Thai sauce, making sure to completely cover all of the sheets with the sauce.
- Take remaining half of lasagna sheets and cover the top of the dish again, breaking sheet so they will fit. Again, take a spoon and tap the middle of the sheets to crack lasagna pieces.
- Cover the top of the lasgna with the remaining 1⁄3 of the Thai sauce, making sure to completely cover all of the sheets with the sauce.
- Garnish if desired.
- Cover and place heat on 248°F/120°C. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks reduce heat to 185°F/85°C and cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
- All of the ingredients are approximated; this recipe can be made with a very loose hand.
- May substitute bolognese (a meat and tomato based sauce) or any other desired sauce in place of Thai green sauce.
- May substitute rotini or other substantial pasta in place of fusilli.