Top this rice noodle salad with crunchy fresh vegetables and grill firm white fleshed fish, such as cod, tilapia, halibut or shrimp, seasoned with a Thai seasoning blend. Toss everything together as in the directions below or serve each ingredient in a separate bowl and have guests put together their own customized noodle bowl.
Saladmaster seasoning blends are limited edition.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- Trim fish and cut into six 3-ounce portions. Transfer to a dish, brush both sides of each portion lightly with oil and sprinkle both sides with seasoning blend.
- Pour 1 quart water into bottom of broiler pan or until it reaches the marks stamped inside. Place grill rack onto broiler pan.
- Plug in cord to electrical outlet and preheat for about 5 minutes.
- Place seasoned fish portions, evenly spaced, onto grill rack and cook for 6 - 8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Carefully remove fish and transfer to a clean plate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked and drained rice noodles, basil and mint, scallions, bean sprouts, carrots and snow peas.
- In a small bowl, mix together all sauce ingredients.
- Pour sauce over noodle mixture, add chopped almonds and toss gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- To serve, place a portion of noodle mixture on plate, top with a portion of grilled fish and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Substitute coconut aminos for tamari. Taste before adding extra salt.
- Add chopped cucumber or shredded zucchini.
- Serve noodles on top of chopped crunchy romaine lettuce.
- Substitute grilled fish for seasoned and grilled tempeh for a vegetarian/vegan entrée.