5 servings, 2 cups each (352 g each)
5 Qt./4.7 L Gourmet Wok with Cover
Cooking instructor, VegNews TV chef, and nutrition instructor for T. Colin Campbell Foundation's eCornell program in Plant Based Nutrition
lite soy sauce
peanut butter (optional)
Thai rice noodles
tofu, firm, cut into cubes (optional)
frozen or fresh mixed vegetables
2-inch (5 cm) piece of ginger, shredded, use Cone #1
- Preheat wok over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add vegetable broth, soy sauce, vinegar and peanut butter (if using). Mix well until peanut butter is blended.
- Place Thai rice noodles in broth and coat. Top with cubed tofu (if using).
- Add frozen vegetables and sprinkle with minced ginger.
- Cover and cook. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce temperature to low and cook for 8 minutes.
- To add a spicy kick to this dish, add 1 teaspoon (5 mL) spicy chili sauce.