Looking for an easy dessert to take to any party or gathering? Cheesecake is always a crowd favorite, mix things up and add some chocolate to create this deliciously, decadent dessert that will have your guests wondering how something so delicious is sugar-free and low-carb. This recipe uses an alternative sweetener called erythritol.
Erythritol is described as having a zero glycemic index, and it has not been found to affect blood sugar or insulin levels. For these reasons, erythritol is popular with people on low-carb diets and those with diabetes.
- Using your Food Processor, shred the hazelnuts and the frozen butter using Cone #1. Combine until crumbly. Add the mixture to the skillet and press out with your hands to create an even layer in the skillet to form your crust.
- In a large bowl, add all of your cheesecake filling ingredients and combine. This step will be according to your preference. You can whisk the mixture until it's a smooth consistency or leave it chunky to create cream cheese chunks throughout the cheesecake.
- Once combined, add the mixture over the crust and evenly distribute throughout the skillet and cover.
- Set temperature to 250°F/120°C and cook for 2 hours.
- Turn off the skillet and place it in the refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours to set before serving. This will vary depending on your refrigerator cooling settings.