Saladmaster Food Processor
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
3 Qt./2.8 L Perforated Basket
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
small mixing bowl
large mixing bowl
Beautiful and delicious, this classic one-dish meal is low in calories and low in fat. Fresh herbs give this salad a real tasty punch. This salad makes not only a delicious dinner but is perfect to serve for a luncheon.
fresh parsley, chopped
fresh tarragon, chopped
white wine vinegar
cherry tomatoes, halved
- Place approximately 1 1⁄2-inches of water into saucepan with steamer inset. Place potatoes into steamer inset, cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. When Vaop-Valve™ clicks, lower heat to medium-low and cook approximately 18 minutes. When potatoes are done (when a fork can be easily inserted into potato squares) remove inset, drain and place in large bowl. Set aside and allow to cool.
- If using fresh green beans, place into steamer inset, add 1 1⁄2-inches to saucepan, cover and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Revove to small bowl and set aside. Allow to cool.
- Preheat electric skillet to 375°F/191°C. Rinse tuna steak thoroughly and place into electric skillet, cover and cook 3 minutes. Turn, re-cover and cook another 3 minutes. Tuna will be opaque and slightly pink in the center. Remove, allow to cool, then cut into 1 inch pieces. Note: if you like your tuna or ahi with more of a rare center, cook uncovered for 2 minutes on each side. Tuna will be opaque about 1⁄4 inch up each side of the steak and fairly raw in the center.
- Add tuna, onion, parsley and tarragon to the large bowl with the potatoes.
- Combine the broth, vinegar, oliver oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl or jar. Pour half the mixture over potato mixture and toss well. Place remaining in a servng dish for people to add more dressing to taste.
- Divide greens, tomatoes, green beans and olives evenly among 4 plates and serve.
- There are about nine species of tuna. Ahi is a type of tuna mainly derived from the yellow fin tuna. Either can be used for this recipe.
- If using frozen beans eliminate the cooking step. Place frozen beans in a colander in the sink and allow to thaw. French-cut green beans may be substituted for green beans.
- If niçoise olives cannot be found Greek kalamata olives may be used.