11 servings, approximately 1 cup each
Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
Janet Potts, RD, LD
onion, processed, use Cone #3
carrots, waffled, use Cone #5
rib celery, sliced, use Cone #4
turkey stock or broth
salt-free chipotle seasoning or similar
dry white basmati rice
yellow squash, processed, use Cone #3
zucchini, strung, use Cone #2
cooked turkey breast, diced
small tomatoes, diced
- Preheat electric roaster to 425°F/220°C. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add onion, carrots and celery. Sauté until clear.
- Add turkey broth, salt, chipotle seasoning and rice. Cover and cook.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to 225°F/105°C. Cover and cook 10 - 15 minutes.
- Add squash, zucchini and turkey. Cover and continue to cook until rice is tender, about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and serve.
- To make Turkey Tortilla Soup, thinly slice corn tortillas and toast in oven. To each individual serving, add sliced avocado and top with toasted tortilla slices, salsa and fat-free sour cream.