30 - 40 minutes
4 - 6 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
large mixing bowl
Ground turkey is delicate in flavor and should be treated with respect with the introduction of seasonings and sauces. These patties are very hearty and healthy and come alive when served with the Apple & Plum Salsa or a cranberry sauce.
ground turkey, white meat only
(450 - 680
unsalted sunflower seeds
onions, shredded, using Cone #1
low-salt all-purpose seasoning
garlic clove, minced
whole cranberry sauce
whole wheat bread crumbs
- In a large chilled bowl, combine well, but do not over mix ground turkey, rolled oats, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and onions.
- Add the beaten egg, seasoning, garlic, parsley and cranberry sauce.
- Begin introducing the bread crumbs, until mixture holds together well. Additional bread crumbs may be required depending on moisture content of the mixture.
- Preheat electric skillet to 375°F/190°C.
- Meanwhile, shape mixture into patties. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, place patties in skillet. Cover, leaving the lid slightly cracked. When patties release from bottom of skillet, flip them over. Cover and reduce temperature to 150-160°F/65-70°C (lid should seal). Cook for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Patties are cooked when juices run clear and the internal temperature on a food grade thermometer registers 170°F/77°C.
- Serve patties with your favorite pasta, rice and seasonal vegetables. Top with Apple & Plum Salsa.
- Turkey patties may also be served on a bun with assorted condiments and accompaniments.