5 Qt./4.7 L Roaster with Cover
7 Qt./6.6 L Roaster with Cover
Authorized Saladmaster® Dealer
green pepper, chopped
spicy pepper, chopped (optional)
garlic cloves, chopped
diced tomatoes, un-drained
dried beans (black, kidney or pinto beans)
fresh or frozen corn
salt and pepper
cilantro, garnish (optional)
- Soak beans overnight in 6 cups of water. Drain water and cook beans in 5 Qt. Roaster for 45 minutes in water, making sure the water is 2-inches above the beans in the pan.
- In 7 Qt. Roaster, sauté onions and spices. Add peppers and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, water and beans. Bring to a simmer-boil and add corn.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. To serve, sprinkle with cilantro.