Green curry is made with a combination of fragrant spices and herbs, coriander, cilantro, cumin, garlic, kafir lime , galangal and shallots. What differentiate green curry from other curries are the chilies. Green curry paste is made with fresh green chili peppers. Depending on the brand of curry paste you use the spice level will vary. Taste the curry paste first and adjust amount of curry paste you add depending on how you like it.
- Preheat Ultimate Culinaire for 7-9 minutes until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Sauté garlic and onion for 3-4 minutes until onion starts to soften. Add carrots and peppers and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add zucchini, bamboo shoots and salt, stir to combine, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour vegetable stock over top, place lid on Ultimate Culinaire and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine, coconut milk, Thai green curry paste, coconut sugar, ginger, tamari, lime zest, lime juice and stir to combine.
- Pour coconut curry mixture over vegetables, cover and cook for 5-8 minutes longer until vegetables are cooked but still crisp.
- Add basil and stir to combine.
- Serve as is or over basmati rice or other cooked grains.
- Substitute basil for fresh cilantro leaves
- Serve Green Curry Vegetables with basmati rice or cauliflower rice for a grain free alternative.
- Add in or substitute any of your favorite vegetables; broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, or green beans.
- Add chunks of firm tofu for added protein.