Roasting the garlic gives this dip a unique, warming and slightly sweet flavour. Creamed up with black beans, this dip makes the perfect appetizer before a meal. However, with leftovers it is great inside a wrap or on top of a salad for a protein boost.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/204°C. Place garlic on Bake and Roast Pan and roast garlic for 30 minutes.
- In roaster, boil enough water with black beans and let simmer for an hour.
- Combine cooked beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt and cayenne in a blender.
- With blender running, gradually add the water and pulsing until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Taste to adjust seasonings. Serve with crackers.