Chocked full of cancer-fighting components and immune-boosting vegetables, this low-fat, low-calorie and zero cholesterol meal is a delicious, one-dish dinner. And if it's not your normal eating mode, give chopsticks a try - turn your family's meal into a fun event!
Optional for beef chow mein
- Combine sugar, pepper, garlic and fish sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat wok over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on wok skitter and dissipate, add broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, snow peas and celery. Stir-fry for 2 - 3 minutes or until vegetables become aromatic.
- Pour reserved fish sauce over vegetables and mix to combine. Add onions, cabbage and oyster sauce. Continue to stir-fry for approximately 1 minute or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Serve over hot rice. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles.
- If using beef, combine with salt, pepper and garlic. Sauté in wok before cooking vegetables. Then proceed with directions above.
- May replace sugar with agave nectar.