approximately 6.5 quarts Chai Cider
Complete Gourmet Collection - 8.5 Qt. Roaster
When the weather gets chilly, warm up with this naturally sweetened beverage. Fresh ginger, rich in gingerol, has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is also a great tonic for indigestion and helps to settle digestion. If you are lucky enough to live in an area where apples are grown look for locally made apple cider.
Like what you see? Find a Dealer to experience a meal with Saladmaster.
See product details for the Saladmaster Limited Edition 8.5 Qt. Roaster.
4 inch piece
ginger, fresh, peeled and sliced , cone #4
apples, tart, cored and sliced, cone#4
oranges, use vegetable peeler to remove zest, then peel and slice orange into segments
Chai tea bags (black and green chai tea blend)
ground cinnamon (optional)
crystalized ginger, chopped fine (optional)
fruit juice, sweetened (optional)
dried cranberries (optional)
- Pour apple cider and water into roaster. Add ginger, apples, orange zest and segments to liquid.
- Place lid on roaster and turn heat to medium. When Vapo Valve™ begins to click steadily and tea bags. Wrap strings from tea bags around handle of roaster to make it easier to remove bags.
- Place lid on roaster, turn heat to low and steep tea bags for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and orange zest pieces.
- To serve, ladle hot Chai Cider into mugs, along with some of the apple and orange pieces.
- Sprinkle rim of mug with ground cinnamon and garnish with fresh slice of orange. Add a few dried cranberries or chopped crystalized ginger as desired, or let guests add in their favorite garnishes.
- Substitute Chai tea bags for a decaffeinated Chai tea blend.
- For a spicier ginger bite, double or triple the amount of fresh ginger.
- Substitute unfiltered apple juice for apple cider.