When the weather gets chilly, warm up with this naturally sweetened beverage. Fresh ginger, rich in gingerol, has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is also a great tonic for indigestion and helps to settle digestion. If you are lucky enough to live in an area where apples are grown look for locally made apple cider.
- Pour apple cider and water into roaster. Add ginger, apples, orange zest and segments to liquid.
- Place lid on roaster and turn heat to medium. When Vapo Valve™ begins to click steadily and tea bags. Wrap strings from tea bags around handle of roaster to make it easier to remove bags.
- Place lid on roaster, turn heat to low and steep tea bags for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and orange zest pieces.
- To serve, ladle hot Chai Cider into mugs, along with some of the apple and orange pieces.
- Sprinkle rim of mug with ground cinnamon and garnish with fresh slice of orange. Add a few dried cranberries or chopped crystalized ginger as desired, or let guests add in their favorite garnishes.
- Substitute Chai tea bags for a decaffeinated Chai tea blend.
- For a spicier ginger bite, double or triple the amount of fresh ginger.
- Substitute unfiltered apple juice for apple cider.