By "Chef" Pete Updike, Authorized Saladmaster Dealer
Here is an easy and light recipe that will provide variety and not weigh us down. This has a unique taste and provides a focal point to your meal and appeals to a wide variety of palates. The Chicken Pasta Salad is easily transportable and won’t leave you hungry at your poolside party or picnic. The exciting thing about Saladmaster is that it is designed to help you with time, money and health benefits while keeping up with your active lifestyle.
Chicken, Pasta & Dill Salad
Adapted recipe by Mary Davis and re-adapted by Peter Updike
Yield: 6 servings, 1 cup each
1 ½ cups (12 ounces) chicken, cooked and diced (340g)
8 ounces (3 cups) uncooked mostaccioli (tube-shaped pasta) (227g)
½ cup fat-free mayonnaise or salad dressing (120g)
½ cup non-fat plain yogurt (123g)
2 teaspoons dried dill weed (2g)
4 teaspoons sugar (17g)
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (4g)
½ teaspoon pepper (1g)
11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained (312g)
1 cup seedless red grapes, halved (151g)
¼ cup sliced almonds (23g)
- Cook chicken in 2 Qt. (1.8L) Sauce Pan using medium-click-low method. Set aside.
- Cook mostaccioli as directed on package, without added fat, using 3 Qt. (2.8L) Sauce Pan and 2.5 Qt. (1.49L) Culinary Basket. Drain. Rinse in cold water.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, dill, sugar, lemon peel and pepper in double walled salad bowl. Mix well.
- Add mostaccioli, chicken and all remaining ingredients. Toss gently.
- May substitute tuna for chicken
Nutrition information per serving:
299 calories, 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 33mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 13g sugar, 18g protein
Exchanges per serving: 3 starch, 1 lean meat