By "Chef" Pete Updike, Authorized Saladmaster Dealer
One-dish, quick and easy to make meals are a breeze in your Saladmaster cookware. Your meals can be as creative as you are. One of my favorite one skillet meals is as follows:
- Place raw chicken tenders (boned, diced chicken) in a skillet. Place heat on medium until the Vapo-Valve™ clicks. At that time turn heat off, pour off any moisture/fat that has accumulated, and turn chicken.
- Place two cups of dry rice over chicken; put 4 cups water over rice; then place one bag of frozen veggies on top of this. Cover, turn heat to medium, when Vapo-Valve™ clicks reduce heat to low and cook for approximately 25 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir everything together and serve.
- You have a complete meal in one dish and you have only one pan to clean!
Another favorite version of this recipe:
- Use Electric Skillet or Large Skillet
- Cook chicken as above
- Place one 14 ounce (367 g) box of instant brown & whole grain rice over chicken
- Pour one can of Rotel (tomato - chili mixture) over rice
- Add 3 cups (700 mL) water and 1 tablespoon (6 g) of chicken-tomato dried bullion (I use Knorr brand)
- If using Electric Skillet, set temperature probe to RIC1 and allow to run cycle. Or if using Large Skillet on stovetop place heat on medium; when Vapo-Valve™ clicks reduce heat to low and cook for approximately 25 minutes.
I know I’ve been very non-specific regarding the ingredients of the recipes, but the fun of doing these is to just play around and discover your own favorites. You can rarely mess-up and you and your family can look at this as a real process of adventures in cooking (and eating!).