2 pizzas - 4 servings per pizza, 2 servings per person
Saladmaster Food Processor
12" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
small mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Pizza becomes an easy week night meal in the Chef's Gourmet Skillet. This recipe uses prepared refrigerated pizza dough, available at most grocery stores.
whole wheat pizza dough, fresh
cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
cheese, strung, use Cone #2 (mozzarella, jack cheese, cheddar, or combination)
onions, sliced, use Cone #4
fire roasted, diced green chilies
coconut oil or vegetable oil spray
- Divide pizza dough in half. Lightly sprinkle clean surface with flour and using a rolling pin, roll out dough into 10 in. (25 cm) circle.
- Place cooked chicken in a small bowl and toss with ¼ cup barbecue sauce.
- Lightly spray skillet with oil. Place rolled pizza dough in skillet.
- Evenly spread ½ cup of cheese over dough. Top with 1 cup chicken, ¼ cup onions, 2 tablespoons green chilies, and another ½ cup of cheese. Drizzle ⅓ cup barbecue sauce over top.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Cook for 20 minutes until dough is crispy underneath and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from pan and cut into 8 pieces and serve (2 pieces per serving).
- Repeat steps using remaining ball of dough to make second pizza.
- For a crispier crust, remove Versa Loc™ handles from skillet and place in oven under preheated broiler for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Leftover pizza can easily be reheated in preheated skillet over medium heat for 4 - 6 minutes.
- Use leftover pan fried chicken breasts or shredded rotisserie chicken tossed with barbecue sauce.