2.5 Qt. (1.49L) Culinary Basket
3 Qt./2.8 L Perforated Basket
3.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
Chef Sergio Corbia
shallots, sliced, divided
garlic, thinly sliced
bottle of pale ale beer
lemons, cut in wedges, divided
fresh littleneck clams in shells, scrubbed
mussels in shells in shells, scrubbed
fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat roaster over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dance, place 1⁄2 of the shallots and the garlic in pan, lower heat to medium low and sauté, stirring until shallots soften, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add beer and 1 lemon (cut into wedges) into roaster mixture and simmer for approximately 3 minutes.
- Place clams and mussels into culinary basket along with remaining shallots, thyme, second lemon (cut in wedges), salt and pepper, and return roaster on gentle simmer. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook until shells open, approximately 6 - 8 minutes. Take basket to sink and drain. Discard unopened shells.
- Place clams and mussels in bowl along with remaining sauce in roaster, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve.
- There are approximately 10 - 12 littleneck clams in 1 pound (545g).
- There are approximately 20 - 25 mussels in 1 pound (545g).