Succulent chicken thighs marinated and then simmered in a rich sauce that will keep you coming back for more. Quick and simple to make in any of your Saladmaster Chef's Gourmet Skillets! Serve with a side of wild rice or any vegetable of your choice.
- Trim chicken thighs of excess fat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine chicken stock, ketchup, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and honey and whisk until smooth.
- Add the chicken and half of the marinade mixture into a ziploc bag and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- Preheat skillet over medium-high heat until several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cover, cook for approximately 10 mins. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low. Once cooked, remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onions to the skillet and saute until they become translucent.
- While onions are cooking, add the smoked paprika, italian seasoning, garlic powder and sugar to the remainder of the sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Add sauce to the onions and simmer for approximatlely 5 minutes until thickend. Stirring occasionally, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cherry tomatoes and chicken back into the skillet. Ensure to cover the chicken with the sauce so it can easily absorb the flavors and sauce. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with wild rice or any vegetable of your choice.
- Cornstarch dissolved in some water and then added into the sauce can be used instead of the sugar as the thickener.