Saladmaster Food Processor
12" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
small mixing bowl
medium mixing bowl
white wine vinegar
chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into 1⁄2-inch strips
mushrooms, quartered or sliced, using Cone #4
salt and pepper to taste
white wine or chicken stock
cucumber, quartered, seeded, sliced, use Cone #4
Butter, Boston or bibb lettuce
- Place all dressing ingredients in small bowl and whisk to blend thoroughly. Set aside until serving.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate place chicken and carrots in pan. Stir and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook another 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in wine or stock and cook for another 1 minute. Using slotted spoon remove chicken and vegetable mixture to serving bowl and set aside.
- In same skillet, over medium heat, cook remaining juices until reduced to about 1 tablespoon, approximately 3 minutes. Pour carrots and mushrooms over chicken and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Before serving, add cucumber and salad dressing. Toss to coat.
- Spread lettuce leaves on a serving plate and place chicken in middle of lettuce and serve.
- To make cucumber look fancier, before cutting take a potato peeler and make one peel slice down 4 sides of the cucumber. Then cut lengthwise in quarters and scoop out seeds before slicing. Or another technique, take a fork and run the fork tongs lengthwise down the cucumber in consecutive rows before quartering and scooping out seeds.