This vegan recipe is a more healthful version of the traditional delicacy. It is lower-fat, cholesteral-free and absolutely delicious! And, did you know that chocolate contains the phenolic compounds gallic acid and epicatechin, which are important antioxidants for cancer prevention. This dairy-free treat is sure to please even the pickiest of dessert eaters!
- Melt chocolate chips in sauce pan over low heat, approximately 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place non-dairy milk, tofu, agave nectar and vanilla in blender and process until smooth. Once smooth, add melted chocolate chips and process again until smooth.
- Pour into glass bowl or graham cracker crust (if using) and chill for approximately 2 hours in the refrigerator or 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Garnish with strawberries and serve.
- Chill strawberries in the freezer for about 30 minutes before slicing with Saladmaster® machine.
- Add 1 chopped banana to the blender along with the tofu.