Saladmaster Food Processor
10" Electric Oil Core Skillet
3.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
Authorized Saladmaster® Dealer
box cake mix, any flavor
eggs (or 6 egg whites)
fresh fruit and vegetables, shredded, use Cone #1 (see Tips for combinations)
- Precut parchment paper to fit the bottom of the electric skillet.
- Preheat skillet to 250°F/120°C.
- While skillet is preheating, combine dry cake mix with eggs (or egg whites) in large mixing bowl.
- Add shredded fruits and/or vegetables. Stir vigorously into the cake mix.
- Pour into skillet and cover. Cook 25 minutes or until done. Cake is done when it does not jiggle when skillet is shaken.
- Once cake is cooled, give skillet an easy shake to loosen. Place cake platter over top of skillet and invert cake onto platter.
- May be frosted if desired.
- Choose any combination from the following fruits and vegetables (shredded using Cone #1 unless otherwise noted), or create your own combination: carrots, celery, pears #2, potatoes, apples #2, oranges #2, yellow squash, zucchini squash, bananas #2.
- Cooking time varies slightly based on moisture of the fruit or vegetable mix you choose, but 25 minutes is normal.
- If you check the progress of the cake by lifting the lid often, you will lengthen cooking time.
- If you happen to burn the bottom of the cake slightly, simply use your Saladmaster® serrated knife to cut off the burned bottom. The flavor of the cake will not be affected.