Full of hearty beef and potatoes, this recipe is a classic staple in every Mexican household. This is a great recipe to adjust the heat and make it as spicy as you'd like! To complete the dish, serve with a side of Spanish rice.
garlic cloves, peeled
serrano peppers (can substitute with jalapeños)
- Preheat roaster over medium-high heat, approximately 5-7 minutes or until several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate.
- While the roaster is preheating, trim steak of any excess fat and cut into 1⁄2 inch pieces.
- Add steak, whole tomatoes, garlic, peppers, onion and salt to roaster, cook for 30 mins on medium heat.
- Wash potatoes and cut them into 1⁄2 inch pieces.
- Remove tomatoes, garlic, peppers and onion, blend until liquefied.
- Pour the puree over the steak and add potatoes, water, pepper, cumin and remainder of salt. Stir to combine.
- Place cover on roaster. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 45 minutes until liquid has thickened and meat is tender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve hot with a side of Spanish rice.
- Substitute serrano peppers for jalapeño peppers. Add additional peppers to add more heat to the dish.
- Serve with corn or flour tortillas.