Prepared polenta, sold in a log, can be purchased precooked and ready to go for a quick and easy meal. Traditional polenta, made with corn, is available in most grocery stores. Look for other varieties as well, with added herbs, spices or grains, such as quinoa.
- Process onions directly into electric skillet, spreading out evenly to cover bottom.
- Pour 2 cups (227g) of tomato sauce over onions and spread out to cover.
- Lay polenta slices over tomato sauce until bottom is covered.
- Top polenta with chopped spinach and chopped roasted peppers.
- Sprinkle half of feta cheese over top of chopped peppers and sprinkle with oregano.
- Layer remaining polenta slices and spread remaining tomato sauce on top to cover. Top with feta cheese and olives
- Cover and set temperature probe to 325°F/163°C. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce temperature to 200°F/93°C and set timer for 30 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Substitute chopped peppers for sliced mushrooms.
- Substitute feta cheese for shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese.