Saladmaster Food Processor
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
large mixing bowl
Give pork tenderloin an Asian accent with fish sauce, fresh ginger and cilantro. This different taste twist combines the sweet and savory flavors of sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts to present a delicious one-dish meal.
pork tenderloin, trimmed
kosher salt, divided
black pepper, divided
sweet potatoes, cut into 3⁄4" by 4" wedges
red onion, sliced, use Cone #4
lime zest, shredded, use Cone #1
Thai fish sauce
fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
Serrano chili, stemmed, seeded and minced
Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed and sprout cut in half
cilantro, roughly chopped, divided
- Season pork with 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Preheat EOC to 400°F/205°C. Place pork in skillet and brown, approximately 2 minutes. Turn 1⁄4 turn and brown all 4 sides. Remove and set aside.
- Place sweet potatoes and onions in large bowl. Add oil and 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and stir to blend thoroughly. Place in skillet and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F/165°C, return pork to skillet, cover and cook for approximately 10 - 15 minutes until medium-rare. Check with meat thermometer, interior pork should be 160°F/70°C. Remove pork and allow to rest; place potatoes and onions in medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, place honey, lime juice, lime zest, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, and 1⁄2 the chili in blender. Blend until finely chopped. Stir in remaining 1⁄2 chili. Set sauce aside.
- Place Brussels sprouts in skillet, return heat to 400°F/205°C, and stir-fry until browned, approximately 4 minutes. Remove and place in large bowl. Toss with 1⁄2 cup (8 g) cilantro and 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) of sauce from blender.
- Toss remaining cilantro with sweet potatoes and onions.
- Slice pork. Place Brussels sprouts on platter with sweet potatoes and sliced pork. Drizzle more sauce, to taste, over entire dish. Serve.
- You may have remaining sauce; place in creamer or small bowl and serve with meal.