Tomato, smoky chipotle, onion and garlic give these lean turkey burgers a delicious full flavor without the added fat. Stuff the burgers with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and top with your favorite burger accompaniments.
Saladmaster seasoning blends are limited edition.
- Place ground turkey, onions, garlic, seasoning blend, ketchup and salt in a large bowl. Mix ingredients thoroughly to combine.
- Form seasoned turkey meat into 4 evenly sized burgers. Make an indent in the middle of each burger with your thumb and place ¼ of cheese in indent. Cover cheese with ground turkey meat and reform into a patty, making sure cheese is covered.
- Place prepared turkey burgers on a plate and refrigerate for 10 - 12 minutes until firm.
- Pour 1 quart water into bottom of broiler pan or until it reaches the marks stamped inside. Place grill rack onto broiler pan.
- Plug in cord to electrical outlet and preheat for about 5 minutes.
- Place formed burgers, evenly spaced, onto grill rack and cook for 12 - 15 minutes on each side or until internal temperature taken with a probe thermometer reaches 165°F/74°C.
- Serve burgers hot with your choice of bun and toppings.
- Cook a small "test" burger to check for seasoning before cooking the remainder of the burgers. Add in more salt, pepper, or more Cherrywood Smoked Chipotle seasoning if you like your burgers a little spicier.
- Substitute lean ground turkey for ground beef.