Use juicy stone fruits: peaches, plums, apricots, nectarines and others should be available in your local markets and farms for this tasty warm sweet treat. Stove-top baking is quick and easy in the Saladmaster Chef's Gourmet Skillet. Bake this Stone Fruit Crisp recipe ahead of time, then reheat in the oven and crisp up the top right before serving. Extra bonus - the topping is wheat and gluten-free.
- Combine sliced fruits, orange zest, ground cinnamon and sugar in bowl and stir to combine.
- Place fruit mixture in skillet and set aside.
- For topping, place oats, almond flour, sunflower seeds, sugar and butter in bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Place topping over fruit mixture to cover fruit in skillet.
- Place skillet on stove, turn heat to medium and cover with the 12" Electric Skillet cover. When Vapo- Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until fruit inside softens and get bubbly.
- When ready to serve, remove handles and place gourmet skillet in 375°F/190°C oven and cook, uncovered for 10 minutes until top becomes golden and crispy.
- Serve crisp warm.
- Top warm crisp with ice cream or other topping of choice.
- Adjust sweetener in fruit mixture according to sweetness of fruits being used.
- Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of protein, calcium and iron.