4 - 6 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
10" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Red chili paste and hot sauce pair perfectly to flavor a quick week night meal. Buy shelled and deveined shrimp to save on time and add in a few frozen vegetables for convenience.
Use the 11 in. Skillet cover with your 10 in. Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped into large pieces
onion, strung, use Cone #2
sweet peppers, julienned, use Cone #2
frozen mixed sliced mushrooms
baby spinach, cleaned
roasted red chili paste
fish or chicken stock
arrowroot or organic cornstarch
a few dashes hot sauce
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, add shrimp. Sauté for 2 - 3 minutes, until cooked through and firm. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions and peppers. Sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms, stir to combine and sauté for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Place baby spinach on top of sautéed vegetables and add shrimp over top, spreading them out over the spinach.
- Place cover on skillet. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together chili paste, stock, vinegar, arrowroot and hot sauce. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Remove cover and pour sauce over shrimp and vegetables, using a spoon to carefully stir sauce into vegetables and shrimp. Cook an additional 1 - 2 minutes, until sauce is thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more hot sauce or a pinch of salt.
- Serve as is or with rice, couscous or over thin rice noodles.
- Substitute shrimp for cubed firm fleshed fish or chicken.
- Many fish markets sell house made fish stock. Freeze fish stock into small ½ - 1 cup portion sizes to use when making a quick sauce.
- Slice and freeze extra peppers and onions when using your Saladmaster Food Processor so they are handy for quick meals.