Decadently satisfying sausage and potato soup with a few other key ingredients will make this your favorite go-to recipe for soup. This simple rendition is simmered to perfection in the 4.5 Qt. Mini Braiser Pan. Serve this hearty soup with a light salad and if desired, some savory herb bread sticks.
- Preheat pan over medium-low heat until several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 7 – 10 minutes.
- Cut ends and peel skin off of sweet onion, and garlic, dice each. Place onion and garlic in preheated pan and sauté over medium low heat for 5 – 7 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add fresh ground sausage and sauté until cooked and sausage turns brown.
- Add cubed potatoes, cooked white beans, and chicken broth. Simmer over low heat for approximately 1 hour or until potatoes are completely cooked.
- Add half and half; cook an additional 30 minutes. Flavors will blend as soup simmers.
- Add kale and red pepper flakes; cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let soup rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Substitute Italian sausage for meatless vegan crumbles.
- Substitute chicken broth for vegetable broth.
- Substitute half and half for hemp, coconut or rice milk.
- Optional toppings: grated cheddar or parmesan cheese, seasoned croutons and diced onions.