4 - 6 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
7 Qt./6.6 L Wok with Cover
medium mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Yakisoba noodles are a popular Japanese street food, tossed with a sweet and tart (sometimes spicy) sauce. Add in leftover bits of roasted chicken, tempeh, minced steak, cooked bacon or shrimp for more flavor and added protein.
toasted sesame oil
onions, strung, use Cone #2
ginger, shredded, use Cone #1
cabbage, sliced, use Cone #4
Chinese-style stir fry blend frozen vegetables
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
naturally fermented soy sauce
crushed red pepper, or a few dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- Follow package directions on noodles to heat and separate them.
- Place noodles in a bowl and toss with sesame oil.
- Preheat wok over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in wok skitter and dissipate, add onions and ginger. Stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes until softened.
- Add cabbage, toss to combine and continue to stir fry for 3 - 4 minutes until softened.
- Add frozen vegetables, toss to combine and stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add prepared yakisoba noodles, toss to combine and stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, water Worcestershire sauce and crushed red pepper. Stir thoroughly to combine and pour over noodles and vegetables. Cover.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 3 - 4 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Serve as is or garnish with chopped scallions and pickled red ginger.
- Add in additional vegetables: carrots, edamame or other leftover vegetables.
- Yakisoba noodles often come with sauce packages which can be full of msg, high in sugar and salt content and artificial preservatives. Skip the packaged sauce mix and create your own sauce with pantry staples.