There are many significant health benefits for consuming dark leafy greens on a daily basis. Kale is an exceptional source of calcium, iron, Vitamin A and C and chlorophyll. Cook up this nutritious side dish in less than 10 minutes in the Saladmaster Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
- Place kale and garlic in skillet. Put corn kernels on top of kale. Place 12"' Electric Skillet cover on skillet and turn heat to medium. When the Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook for 6 - 8 minutes, until kale is cooked.
- Mix tamari, toasted sesame oil, and 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- When kale is cooked pour tamari mixture over kale and toss to combine.
- Taste kale and add additional seasonings as needed. Sprinkle remaining toasted sesame seeds on top of kale and serve.
- Add a pinch or two or crushed red pepper to make this spicier.
- Serve kale with tempeh for a vegan entrée.
- Leftover kale, combined with an egg, makes a delicious breakfast scramble.