10 - 12 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
3.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
small mixing bowl
A light meal or a colorful side, this salad can be made in an instant using the Saladmaster Machine. This is a wonderful, fresh taste for summer.
red onion, strung, use Cone #2
yellow zucchini, sliced, use Cone #4
yellow or cherry tomatoes, halved
red bell pepper, diced
red radishes, sliced, use Cone #4
jicama, peeled and strung, use Cone #2
avocado, peeled and diced
lemon cucumber, waffled, use Cone #5
jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
Monterey jack cheese, grated, use Cone #1
1 - 2
chives, finely sliced
(3 - 6
cilantro leaves, garnish (optional)
limes, zest, use Cone #1, and juice of the 2 limes
sherry vinegar or raspberry vinegar
2 - 3
(8 - 11
garlic, minced garlic, minced
- Place all prepared vegetables up to lettuce in double-sided bowl.
- Pour desired amount of vinaigrette (to taste) onto vegetables and gently mix.
- Cut lettuce into 1-2-inch squares and mix with vegetables and mix. Add more vinaigrette if desired.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and chives over the top of the salad and garnish with cilantro.
- Whisk all Vinaigrette ingredients, except oil, together in small bowl until blended. Then drizzle oil slowly into bowl while whisking all ingredients together until blended.
- For a lovely presentation line the double-side bowl with full lettuce leaves before you place the salad in the bowl.
- This salad keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- A tasty twist - spread hummus on a whole wheat tortilla or pita and fill with leftover salad.