Saladmaster Food Processor
11" Large Skillet with Cover
apples, processed, use Cone #3
head green cabbage
organic cake mix, or 1 1⁄2 cup (180 g) whole wheat flour and 1⁄4 cup (50 g) raw sugar or agave nectar
- For cake topping, mix apples and agave nectar. Pour mixture in bottom of skillet. Set aside.
- With the Saladmaster® machine, process all remaining vegetables and fruit, use Cone #1. Combine with cake mix and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Pour cake mixture over the apples and agave nectar in skillet. Place skillet on stove and turn temperature setting to medium heat.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce temperature to low.
- Cake is ready when tooth pick or knife inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 15 - 20 minutes.
- Invert cake over onto a plate, cool and serve.
- This cake can also be baked in the Electric Oil Core Skillet or 3 Qt. Sauce Pan.
No spice in a spice cake?
This wants to be an apple cake tatin OR a spice cake with apple flecks... not both. At the very least, the recipe should call for vanilla, cinnamon, and likely ginger, cloves and nutmeg. It's very bland. Walnuts or pecans might also be a good addition, whether in the cake or recommended as garnish using the #1 cone (shredder).
Thank you for your
Thank you for your suggestions; they would definitely be great in this cake! Another variation would be to use a spice cake mix instead of a vanilla or yellow cake mix. To keep this cake vegan, be sure to look at the ingredients of the mix you choose to make sure there are no dairy products.