6 large or 12 small servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
medium mixing bowl
Janet Potts, RD, LD
1-inch thick cut pork loin chops, 8 ounces each (230 g each)
fine dry bread crumbs
Granny Smith apple, cored and peeled, processed, use Cone #3
sweetened dried cranberries
fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat electric skillet to 350°F/180°C.
- To prepare pork chops, trim all visible fat and cut a pocket horizontally through one long side of each pork chop for stuffing. Pocket should be as deep as possible without cutting all the way through the opposite end or short sides of the pork chop.
- Combine next 7 ingredients (bread crumbs through water) in a medium mixing bowl. Stuff approximately ½ cup mixture into each pork chop. Sprinkle both sides of each pork chop with fresh ground black pepper.
- Place pork chops in electric skillet. Cover and cook on one side for 5 minutes. Pork chop will stick, but will loosen as it browns. Turn, cover and cook another 5 minutes.
- Reduced heat to 275°F/135°C. Continue to cook, covered, another 15 minutes, turning once or more until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 160°F/71°C.
- Spread 1 tablespoon orange marmalade over each pork chop before serving.
- If fewer portions are desired, individual stuffed pork chops can be individually wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and frozen before cooking. Use within 2 - 3 months.
For one small serving (1/2 stuffed pork chop)