11" Square Griddle
small mixing bowl
medium mixing bowl
flat parsley, chopped
grilling seasoning (see Tips)
buns, whole wheat, grilled
leaves red or green lettuce
Granny Smith apple, peeled (if apple is coated), sliced horizontally and core removed
extra sharp cheddar cheese
whole berry cranberry sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients through poultry seasoning.
- Form 8 patties out of the mixture, and press thumb into center of each.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. When several drops of water skitter and dissipate, place patties on griddle. Cook approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Place lettuce leaf on bottom bun and top with grilled burger. Top each with an apple slice and cheese slice.
- In a small bowl, mix cranberry sauce and grainy mustard. Spread on the top bun and place on top of burger. Serve.
- Recipe for grilling seasoning if you cannot find in store: 3 tablespoons black pepper, 1 tablespoon kosher salt, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon coriander, and 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- Can mix all burger ingredients together the day before. Can mix cranberry sauce and mustard together the day before. Refrigerate.
- An easy way to blend turkey ingredients as well as form burgers is to use disposable gloves.
- The burgers can also be placed on the Saladmaster Baking Sheet (or Two Burner Griddle or Chef's Gourmet Skillet with the handles removed) and placed in the oven under broiler.