Saladmaster Food Processor
4 Qt./3.8 L Roaster with Cover
small mixing bowl
large mixing bowl
Certified Chef and Culinary Nutritionist, Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic, plant-based diet that is both simple and delicious.
You can learn more about Marni by visiting her Facebook and Twitter page, or www.marniwasserman.com
kamut or buckwheat soba noodles
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
ginger root, shredded, use Cone #1
toasted sesame oil
carrot, shredded, use Cone #1
chopped green onions
shelled and cooked edamame (optional)
toasted pine nuts or black sesame seeds
- Bring water to a boil roaster. Add basil, rosemary and salt.
- Add noodles and cook until al dente (approximately 8 - 10 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Soak arame in a small mixing bowl with 1 cup of cold water for about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together garlic, ginger, vinegar, sesame oil and tamari.
- Add warm noodles to sauce and toss to coat.
- Stir in carrots, onions and arame.
- Sprinkle with edamame and toasted pine nuts or sesame seeds.
- Using kamut or buckwheat noodles is a nutritious way to get some extra fibre into this recipe. Also they are easier to digest and have a unique flavour. Be sure to use organic edamame when you can, as it gives this recipe a protein boost and a nutty texture!
Analysis calculated without edamame