Arroz con Pollo is a popular staple in Latin American cooking. This recipe takes every day ingredients and creates a mouth watering dish that everyone will love! It's the perfect recipe for left over roasted chicken, just add it in once you add the rice in to start cooking.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat for 7-9 minutes until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Add chicken into skillet and season with salt & pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Once chicken is cooked, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add bell pepper to the skillet, cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- While the bell pepper is cooking, add onions, tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste and chicken stock into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add jasmine rice to the skillet and combine with the bell pepper. Add in the contents from the blender and stir. Cover and cook on medium for 3 minutes until it begins to simmer.
- Add mixed vegetables and cooked chicken into the skillet and combine. Cover, when Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes or until rice has cooked through.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve. Garnish with some cilantro leaves for flavor.