Lean ground turkey or chicken with sweet and salty sauce make a light and tasty filling for lettuce wraps. Ground meat cooks quickly for an easy, busy week night meal. Add additional raw vegetable toppings, if desired.
Use the 11 in. Skillet cover with your 10 in. Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, add onions and garlic. Sauté for 3 – 4 minutes until softened. Add ground turkey and stir to combine, mixing well with onions and garlic.
- Place 11 in. Skillet Cover on skillet. When the Vapo-Valve™ begins to click, reduce heat to low. Cook for 6 - 8 minutes until turkey is cooked through.
- Remove cover and break meat apart with spoon. Add water chestnuts and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together tamari, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and Siracha sauce.
- Turn heat back to medium and pour sauce over filling ingredients. Stir to combine and cook for 3 - 4 minutes until sauce begins to reduce slightly.
- Add minced scallions and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Clean lettuce and divide into individual leaves.
- Serve a few lettuce leaves with ½ cup of filling. Top filling with sprouts or any other additional toppings. Roll up leaves and eat.
- Substitute ground turkey for ground beef or pork.
- Serve additional vegetables to add to lettuce wraps: grated carrots, bean sprouts, sliced snow peas or pea sprouts.
- Add a splash or two of additional Siracha sauce to lettuce rolls for spicier flavor.